We have guests (finally!) and we can’t stop taking about the #ubermix. The Father of the ubermix Jim Klein stops by and along with Dr. Mike Vollmert we discuss netbooks while cleverly avoiding talking about the device that shall not be named. Two of us (not Danny) woke up at ‘0 dark thirty and went on a Photo Walk in Yosemite with Ken Shelton. Check out the Photo Walk ShutterFly Photo Book http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books?escFlag=1. Did you know if you’re an educator you can buy Lightroom for the low price of only $89!
In this episode:
We are live at #CUERockstar Rock Star Summer Tech Camp hosted by Minarets High School. Rockin’ the Ruckus Wireless during the day and crashing the hotel wireless at night. (Best not to try and build an LTSP Server in the hotel room the night before the presentation, Andrew…). Hold up your cell phones and sway to the background noise for this guest packed show:
Special Rockstar All Stars:
- Diane Main and friends from Milpitas Christian School (Cristine Vo and Sarah Glossop) – @Dowbiggin Google Certified Teacher (Thanks for loaning us a Blue Snowball Mic for the show)
- Ken Shelton – @k_shelton Google Certified Teacher, Discovery Educator
- Dave Childers – @davechilders Principal at ACEL Fresno Charter High School
- Alice Keeler – @alicegop Teacher at Clovis High and ACEL Fresno Charter School Board Member
- Guests from our Podcast session! Thanks for jumping in.
- Alison Lopez – English Teacher at Le Grand High School (not on twitter, but we’re working on her)
- Javier Martinez – @lghs_principal Principal at Le Grand High School
- Mike Niehoff – @minaretsnews Principal of Minarets High School
- Jon Corippo – @jcorippo Guest appearance Number 4 on the podcast, Minarets’ Helpful Guy and Mastermind of #CUERockstar
In this episode: Today’s special guest: Joe Bower from Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. And back again, Jon Corippo (the “Helpful Guy”) from Minarets High School, Oneal’s, CA. Joe talks about how he got into blogging (“For the Love of Learning”), the education reforms taking place in Alberta, Canada, field trips and his views on National Standards and Grades. We touch on Finland’s Teacher Centric Approach to reforming their Education System: http://www.rethinkingschools.org/archive/24_04/24_04_finland.shtml and http://www.edutopia.org/international-teaching-learning-assessment-video. Jon shares his experiences and thoughts on teaching without textbooks and pimps the Rock Star Teacher Summer Tech Camp, at Minarets High School August 3-5, 2010. Danny didn’t get an iPhone 4 but the guy sitting next to him at lunch did. Andrew deals with technical problems, most of which are on the cutting room floor (and apologizes for typing so loud during the podcast).
In this episode: We talk with guest Melinda Miller from Willard, Missouri. Elementary School Principal at Willard East Elementary School and GCT from the GTA San Antonio, TX. How she uses http://www.textmarks.com/ as one possible solution for sending SMS updates to parents and how she can use http://twitterfeed.com/ to get info from Twitter to Facebook for her students’ parents. We ask her about her blog; The Principal Blog http://weprincipal.blogspot.com, posting to her blog everyday in June to get a free book Spilled Ink and Why she needs an iPhone4, why none of us will get one on time and her podcasts; The Podcasting Principal & The Practical Principals with Scott Elias. We also discuss Google Apps and the new version of Google Docs that came out June 14 as well as the new YouTube video editor.
In this episode: More Google applications coming for Google Apps customers Google Enterprise Blog, CVCUE Spring Conference http://cue.org or http://spring2010.cvcue.org, Minarets High School & Jon Corippo, http://ck12.org,http://aviary.com or Aviary for Google Apps, http://mathdude.quickanddirtytips.com andhttp://grammer.quickanddirtytips.com